Tomee : The lightweight JEE Server
TomEE aims to provide a fully certified Java EE 6 Web profile stack based on Tomcat, allowing you to use Java EE features in your lightweight Tomcat applications.
- Servlet 3.0 (Apache Tomcat)
- JPA 2.0 (Apache OpenJPA)
- JSF 2.0 (Apache MyFaces)
- CDI 1.0 (Apache OpenWebBeans)
- EJB 3.1 (Apache OpenEJB)
- JMS (Apache ActiveMQ)
- Webservices (Apache CXF)
Apache TomEE is aimed at providing a lightweight application server runtime based on Apache Tomcat 7. It also fills web applications technology requirements via ASF Java EE projects. In summary, TomEE translates Apache Tomcat 7 into a more powerful enterprise web server.
The benefits of using TomEE can be listed as follows:
- It has a lightweight but powerful runtime environment,
- It is based on the very-well known JSP and Servlet Container, Apache Tomcat 7,
- It consists of Web Profile Specification technology stack,
- It consists of powerful, commerical quality ASF Java EE Projects,
- It is an open source project,
- It is supported by community.